Stay up to date with current news, trends, and updates in the legal industry by reading recent blog posts written by the knowledgeable attorneys at Cohen & Malad, LLP.
Cohen & Malad, LLP attorneys filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of Wintrust Bank customers who alleged the bank charged .. [Read More]
Shannon Griffin has been charged with criminal sexual assault and other charges after investigators with Illinois Cook County Sheriff’s office .. [Read More]
Registration is open for the ‘We The People’ White Knight Chess Tournament presented by Cohen & Malad, LLP and Barnes .. [Read More]
I was injured in a car accident and called at least 10 different personal injury attorneys in Indianapolis, I found this place to be the most knowledgeable and professional. I was happy with my case outcome and would recommend them. -Valerie J.
At Cohen & Malad, LLP, the words we live by are “Power to Your Voice.” We believe that as advocates for others our attorneys can truly give power to those who feel they have no voice and that our action and commitment can make a difference in the lives of our clients. We also believe that the problems of our clients are our problems—not a billing opportunity. Cohen & Malad, LLP attorneys have been advocating for our clients since 1968, throughout difficult negotiations, contested litigation and everything in between.
Our attorneys have argued before state and federal courts, and never stop fighting until justice has been served. While we will negotiate when possible, we are never afraid to step into a courtroom, and face a challenge, no matter how big or small. If you believe the only good resolution to your situation is to have your day in court, we will vow to make that day count. At Cohen & Malad LLP, we have a carefully selected team of nearly 30 attorneys who represent our clients in a wide range of legal issues.
The Cohen & Malad, LLP law firm was founded by former Indiana Attorney General, John J. Dillon, as well as Louis F. Cohen and others. Over the past fifty years, our firm has grown significantly, into an admired and respected Indianapolis law firm. At Cohen & Malad, LLP, we prosecute and defend class actions, as well as other civil litigation in courts across the United States.
We advise businesses, companies and corporations regarding business transactions, and prepare necessary documents to accomplish the goals set forth by the company. The Cohen & Malad, LLP attorneys also provided skilled representation to those seeking high-stakes divorce and assist lenders in collecting on unpaid loans.
In addition to our nearly thirty highly-skilled attorneys, we have an extensive support staff at Cohen & Malad, LLP. This allows our attorneys to successfully assist our clients in a wide range of legal services. At Cohen & Malad, LLP, we essentially have several practice “groups” which complement the needs of our clients, allowing us to protect and enforce the rights of those clients.
Our Practice Areas
- The Cohen & Malad, LLP Personal Injury Practice Group help those who have suffered physical injury or financial damage, due to the negligence of others. We understand that no one ever expects to be involved in an accident. When you are doing nothing wrong—and everything right—yet are injured through the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of another person, you are entitled to solid, experienced legal representation. We will fight hard to ensure you receive an equitable settlement for your injuries and to ensure you are able to receive the medical attention you need and deserve to allow you to heal. Your future is of the utmost importance to us at Cohen & Malad, LLP; we can help with the following types of personal injury cases: negligence of ambulances or hospitals, airplane accidents, ATV accidents, car, bus, truck and motorcycle accidents, construction accidents, birth injuries, child injuries, traumatic brain injuries, catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, sexual abuse, medical malpractice, railway accidents, premises liability accidents, negligent security claims, insurance claims and dram shop: over-serving of alcohol.
- Our Family Law Practice Group help those who are going through emotional family relationship legal matters. Divorce, adoption, pre-and post-nuptial agreements, child support and spousal support matters, child custody issues and the myriad of other issues which arise from domestic relationships are handled by the Cohen & Malad, LLP attorneys. We understand that you may be going through one of the most emotional times of your life, and we want to ensure your legal rights and your future are protected during this time. Whether you have a relatively simple family law matter or a more complex one, we can help.
- Our Business Services, Real Estate and Business Litigation Practice Group – Our Business Services attorneys provide expertise in entity formation, mergers, acquisitions, buy/sell agreements, general business advice, commercial real estate and commercial lending. Throughout the course of business, disagreements may arise. At times those disagreements escalate and litigation is necessary. When business owners find themselves involved in disputes, our business litigation attorneys are here to provide tenacious legal counsel. Cohen & Malad, LLP will step in to aggressively protect the interests of its clients. Representing both businesses and individuals, both in and out of Court, Cohen & Malad, LLP has gained a reputation of being a forceful advocate for its clients business interests. Our real estate attorneys also help businesses and individuals in real estate transactions including buying, selling, or leasing of property. Our group’s knowledge and experience extends to all real estate and commercial issues. We also represent local and national lenders in the areas of foreclosure, bankruptcy, repossession, collection, title claims and related litigation.
- Our Appellate Law Practice Group can initiate your appeal of a court decision, using a fresh perspective from a Cohen & Malad, LLP attorney who has a deep understanding of the appeals process and the appellate court system. Our first goal will be to strengthen your original representation, however, if there were any issues associated with that representation, our unique combination of insight, skill, and appellate knowledge can be extremely important for your future.
- The Pharmaceutical Drug and Medical Device Practice Group help those who have suffered injury from a prescription or over-the-counter drug or a medical device which they believed to be safe. All too often drug corporations and medical device manufacturers do not fully test their drug or device for safety and may even continue to market a drug or medical device long after they are aware of risks. When this occurs, consumers who have suffered serious injury from a dangerous drug or medical device are entitled to compensation for their injuries as well as for lost wages and pain and suffering. Having a Cohen & Malad, LLP attorney by your side who understands the complexities of these cases is crucial to the final outcome of your claim.
Cohen & Malad, LLP is proud to be offering the $1,000 Spirit of Caring Scholarship this year! If you are an Indiana high school senior or college student, apply here.
Cohen & Malad, LLP was founded in 1968 by former Indiana Attorney General, John J. Dillon, Louis F. Cohen and others. Since that time, Cohen & Malad has grown to be an admired and respected law firm. The Firm prosecutes and defends class actions and other civil litigation in Courts throughout the United States.