Mary Kate Dugan
Meet Mary Kate
Mary Kate Dugan is a skilled litigator specializing in class action lawsuits against hospitals, employers, and other trusted entities that mishandle plaintiffs’ private information.
With a strong background in employment law, Mary Kate brings valuable legal experience to her role at Cohen & Malad, LLP. She has successfully represented numerous individual employees in various legal matters such as breach of contract, discrimination, retaliation, and whistleblower cases. Notably, shortly after being sworn into the bar, Mary Kate presented her first jury trial, securing a favorable verdict for her client. As a law clerk, Mary Kate authored an appellate brief resulting in a partial reversal for her client at the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to her career in law, Mary Kate gained experience working in nonprofit administration.
- Class Action
J.D., Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2022, cum laude
- Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Law and Social Equality
- Brief-Writing Honors and Octofinalist, Sherman Minton Moot Court
B.A., Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, 2012, with high distinction
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indiana National Lawyers Guild
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- Indiana, 2022
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2022
- United State District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2022