Lisa LaFornara focuses her practice on class action litigation. Her work includes consumer protection matters involving improper banking fees such as overdraft fees and data breaches involving a variety of industries like heath care and financial services.
While in law school, Lisa actively participated in pro bono programs. She served as a Research Director for the Inmate Legal Assistance Project, which assists individuals with legal research regarding civil appeals and various other legal issues. She also served as a certified legal intern for the Protective Order Project, where she represented victims of sexual assault and domestic violence at protective order hearings.
Lisa worked was a law clerk prior to joining Cohen & Malad, LLP as a full time associate. She also worked as an intern in the law office of Vrinda Grover, and in the state counsel department at the New York State Office of the Attorney General.
- Class Action
J.D., cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- Oral Advocacy Honors Recipient, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- Quarter-Finalist, Williams Institute Moot Court Competition
- Inductee, National Order of Barristers
B.A., summa cum laude, Canisius College – Political Science, History
Indianapolis Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Indiana, 2018
- Northern District of Indiana, 2018
- Southern District of Indiana, 2018