Lisa is dedicated to helping consumers hold large companies accountable for their improper conduct. Lisa concentrates her practice on complex civil litigation, with a focus on consumer protection, financial services, and data security matters.
Lisa has experience in all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigations through settlement negotiation and administration. She has actively litigated hundreds of actions against banks and credit unions and has helped consumers recover tens of millions of dollars in improperly collected fee revenue. Lisa and her team have achieved leading settlements in actions against companies that failed to protect their customers’ most sensitive data, providing meaningful relief for victims who experienced or are likely to experience identity theft and fraud. Lisa and her team have also uncovered and obtained refunds for consumers who were systematically underpaid by their insurers following the total loss of their vehicles.
Prior to joining Cohen & Malad, Lisa represented victims of sexual assault and domestic violence on a pro bono basis through Indiana’s Protective Order Project. Lisa also worked with the Inmate Legal Assistance Project, a pro bono organization that helps provide individuals with accurate research regarding civil appeals and various other legal issues.
- Class Action
J.D., cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Managing Editor, Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies
- Oral Advocacy Honors Recipient, Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition
- Quarter-Finalist, Williams Institute Moot Court Competition
- Inductee, National Order of Barristers
B.A., summa cum laude, Canisius College – Political Science, History
Indianapolis Bar Association
Indiana State Bar Association
D.C. Bar Association
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia, 2020
- Central District of Illinois, 2020
- Indiana, 2018
- Northern District of Indiana, 2018
- Southern District of Indiana, 2018
Pro Bono Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association, “Ask-A-Lawyer” volunteer