Justin Kuhn is a partner in our personal injury practice. He represents victims in medical malpractice and nursing home negligence matters.
Justin has extensive experience in appellate advocacy as a result of his prior clerkship with the Honorable Cale J. Bradford of the Indiana Court of Appeals, as well as authoring numerous appellate briefs over a wide range of issues including medical malpractice and insurance coverage disputes.
Prior to joining Cohen & Malad, LLP Justin represented healthcare providers and insurance companies against medical malpractice, personal injury, and property damage claims. This experience offers him unique insight into the strategies and arguments often utilized in defense of such claims, and makes him a strong advocate for injured persons pursuing their own claim.
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES
- Indianapolis Bar Association, “Ask-A-Lawyer” volunteer
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
Education and Awards
J.D., Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Cum Laude
B.A., Indiana University – Political Science – Cum Laude
- 4-year letter winner Wrestling
Indiana Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2021
McDaniel v. Robertson, 83 N.E.3d 765 (Ind. Ct. App. 2017)
- Justin served as primary brief writer in successfully representing the Patient’s Compensation Fund in a medical malpractice appeal concerning the appropriateness of the trial court’s damage award.
McAdams v. Foxcliff Estates Cmty. Assoc., Inc., 92 N.E.3d 1144 (Ind. Ct. App. 2018)
- In a contract dispute between an HOA and homeowners, the Court of Appeals credited argument advanced by Justin in affirming the trial court’s order of summary judgment in favor of Justin’s client. The case addressed the enforceability of an exculpatory clause in the HOA covenants, an issue of first impression in Indiana.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
Indiana State Bar Association
Phi Delta Phi
JURISDICTIONS ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana