by: Melissa L. Stuart, Attorney
When your special needs child turns 18, they become a legal adult. Guardianship is a legal action that can allow you to continue to care for your child by making decisions about their healthcare and finances. My recent article on the Friendship Circle Blog discusses some things to consider about filing for guardianship.