Cohen & Malad, LLP was founded in 1968 by former Indiana Attorney General, John J. Dillon, Louis F. Cohen and others. Since that time, Cohen & Malad has grown to be an admired and respected law firm. The Firm prosecutes and defends class actions and other civil litigation in Courts throughout the United States. Cohen & Malad also advises companies and businesses in business transactions and the preparation of legal documents necessary to accomplish their goals. The Firm also provides skilled representation in high-stakes divorces and assists lenders in collecting their loans.
Today, Cohen & Malad employs more than 20 highly skilled attorneys, backed by a large support staff, with extensive experience in a wide range of litigation and business services. Using the latest in legal technology and backed by decades of litigation experience, Cohen & Malad LLP works hard to protect and enforce the rights of its clients both in and out of Court. Cohen & Malad's services are delivered via seven Practice Groups:
- Class Action Practice Group - The Class Action Practice Group at Cohen & Malad, LLP takes pride in obtaining recoveries for large numbers of people in cases that often are too small or too difficult to litigate on an individual basis. Class action lawsuits permit such claims to be grouped together in a single, more efficient lawsuit. Our track record includes millions of dollars of financial recoveries as well as other benefits secured in statewide cases on behalf of Hoosiers and in cases of national and international scope.
- Personal Injury Practice Group - It is a fact of life today that people often suffer physical and financial damages through the negligence of others. Cohen & Malad's Personal Injury Practice Group works hard to represent the interests of such individuals and help them obtain reasonable compensation for the injuries they have sustained. In addition to car accidents and other more common physical injuries, this group also handles claims against faulty drug and medical device manufacturers, as well as claims for construction and other work-related injuries.
- Business Litigation Practice Group - Litigation is inevitable in the business world. Despite the best intentions of those pursuing their economic interests, disagreements and broken contracts are often the reality. This is where Cohen & Malad steps in to aggressively protect the interests of its clients. Representing both businesses and individuals, both in and out of Court, Cohen & Malad has gained a reputation of being a forceful advocate for its clients business interests.
- Family Law Practice Group - The Cohen & Malad Family Law Practice Group represents clients in the often emotionally charged legal matters dealing with divorce, child custody, adoption, and other issues which arise from domestic relations. Cohen & Malad provides experienced counsel to protect our clients' interests in what is often the most personally trying of situations.
- Commercial Real Estate and Business Services Practice Group - The Commercial & Real Estate Practice Group represents local and national lenders in the areas of foreclosure, bankruptcy, repossession, collection, title claims and all related litigation. Businesses and individuals utilize the group when disputes arise from commercial and real estate transactions. The group's expertise extends to all real estate and commercial issues. Our Business Services attorneys provide expertise in entity formation, mergers, acquisitions, buy/sell agreements, general business advice, commercial real estate and commercial lending.
- Appellate Law Practice Group - Looking to an experienced and perceptive appellate counsel to initiate your appeal of a court decision is wise, regardless of how well your attorney presented your case. If presented commendably, a fresh perspective from a lawyer well-versed in the appeals process and the appellate court system can often complement and strengthen your initial representation. If your case faltered in any respect, enlisting the services of an experienced appellate lawyer is even more important. Either way, Cohen & Malad delivers a unique and effective combination of insight and skill.
Cohen & Malad is proud to be involved in litigation which not only advances the rights of its clients but also adds a voice to social and individual concerns which otherwise may be ignored by the community at large. We believe this representation is what it means to be a dedicated attorney in today's society.